24.9.08

in response to a photo

i don't need someone to
kiss me on street corners or
stare longingly into my eyes or
say that i am the most beautiful thing

i need someone to
believe in my crazy ideas and
listen when i don't make sense and
understand why i can't sleep at night

i don't want someone to
have to try way too hard or
think they owe me something or
attempt to always make me happy

i want someone to
be patient with me and
teach me to be unashamed and
keep me unafraid in vulnerability

i don't dream of romance

i dream of love


(even in terms of friends, it is oftentimes hard to find people who understand these sorts of things. too many superficial relationships begin to wear down a person. but too many intense relationships would be overwhelming. i am learning how to find the balance.)

No comments: